The League of Women Voters of Wyoming (LWVWY) is one of the most respected organizations in the state of Wyoming! Our members engage in rigorous and stimulating study and discussion about governmental and public policy issues. Members are actively involved in the political process, maintaining a nonpartisan position, to fulfill our mission.
Wyoming Governance 2023
The WY Legislature began amicably. Amid the traditions and singing, legislators introduced family who were in the gallery. You could watch some of the House or Senate Day 1 Floor Session. Standing committees are meeting for the first time, and committee chairs are helping new legislators with how committees work and what documents and testimonies were produced during the Interim.
The WY league has designed a new approach to legislative advocacy. This approach relies on:
- Bill tracking system using the LWVUS platform Quorum. The spreadsheet is synced with the WY Legislative Services Office’s tables.
- A concise set of priorities for the 2023 Legislative Session. Our lobbyist, Marguerite Herman’s efforts on behalf of WY leagues will be guided by these priorities.
The League of Women Voters of Wyoming believes that voting is a fundamental right that must be supported and protected. We oppose legislation limiting those rights that discourage voting, add expense, and create unnecessary barriers. Voter fraud is NOT occurring in Wyoming.
Wyoming election are secure:
There is no evidence of voter impersonation.
There is no evidence that current absentee voting laws, use of ballot drop boxes or early voting have resulted in any significant abuse.
Restriction on voter choice of party affiliation eliminate options and discourage voting.
Secretary of State Ed Buchanan on security of Wyoming elections: https://sos.wyo.gov/Elections/Security/
The LWVWY is a nonpartisan, grass root organization working to:
- Protect and expand voting rights
- Ensure everyone is represented in our democracy
- Ensure elections remain free and accessible to all
- Ensure people have the information they need to participate in elections
- Promotes personal political responsibility through informed and active participation in government and public policy
- Neither supports or opposes any political party or candidate
- Supports and advocates for policies and legislation based on national and state positions as agreed upon through a study and consensus process
- Is fully committed to ensure compliance–in principle and in practice–with LWVUS’ Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Policy
Membership in the League of Women Voters of Wyoming is open to all people age 16 or older We invite you to learn more about us by exploring our website. Please contact us if you want further information.
President, League of Women Voters of Wyoming
Although the League of Women Voters does not support candidates or parties, we take positions on issues after we study them. See positions relating to voting and good government on our Advocacy page, and other positions on our state program page.
See our past Legislative Reports, recordings of candidate forums, and past Voter Guides on our Elections and Government.