The League of Women Voters of Wyoming (LWVWY) is one of the most respected organizations in the state of Wyoming! Our members engage in rigorous and stimulating study and discussion about governmental and public policy issues. Members are actively involved in the political process, maintaining a nonpartisan position, to fulfill our mission.
2024 Legislative Session —
- WY Legislative Session 2024 Preview Week 1
- Get Ready for the 2024 Budget Session: What to Expect from the LWV 2-1-24
- Week 2 Legislative Update
- Week 3 Legislative Update
- Week 4 Legislative Update
Proposed Election Rule Procedure Change
- Nonpartisan Groups Respond To Proposed Rules Restricting Voter Access 1-29-24
- Action Alert: Public Comment and Attend Public Hearing on Proposed Election Rule Change 1-22-24
- County clerks have ‘significant concerns’ with proposed voter registration rule change, WyoFile, 1-9-24
- County Clerks Association of WY: Response to Proposed Amendments to Election Procedures Chapter 2 Administrative Rules. Proof of residence while registering to vote 1-5-24
Important Dates for 2024 Elections —
Partners in Democracy
Links to Wyoming 2024 legislative and advocacy information are provided below. Posting information from a coalition organization does not imply LWVWY endorsement of that organization’s position.
Election Security: The League of Women Voters of Wyoming believes that voting is a fundamental right that must be supported and protected. We oppose legislation limiting those rights that discourage voting, add expense, and create unnecessary barriers. Voter fraud is NOT occurring in Wyoming. Wyoming elections are secure: There is no evidence of voter impersonation. There is no evidence that current absentee voting laws, use of ballot drop boxes, or early voting have resulted in any significant abuse. Restriction on voter choice of party affiliation eliminates options and discourages voting. Secretary of State Chuck Gray on the security of Wyoming elections: https://sos.wyo.gov/Elections/Security/
The LWVWY is a nonpartisan, grass root organization working to:
- Protect and expand voting rights
- Ensure everyone is represented in our democracy
- Ensure elections remain free and accessible to all
- Ensure people have the information they need to participate in elections
- Promote personal political responsibility through informed and active participation in government and public policy
- Neither support nor oppose any political party or candidate
- Support and advocate for policies and legislation based on national and state positions as agreed upon through a study and consensus process
- Fully commit to ensuring compliance–in principle and practice–with LWVUS’ Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Policy
Membership in the League of Women Voters of Wyoming is open to all people age 16 or older We invite you to learn more about us by exploring our website. Don’t hesitate to get in touch with us if you want further information. Nancy Lockwood
President, League of Women Voters of Wyoming
Positions Although the League of Women Voters does not support candidates or parties, we take positions on issues after we study them. See positions relating to voting and good government on our Advocacy page, and other positions on our state program page.
Election Materials See our past Legislative Reports, recordings of candidate forums, and past Voter Guides on our Elections and Government.